Sunday, September 19, 2010

f/ups

1.) I have found the solution to the head sweat in the gym problem. A low ponytail beneath a bandanna tied Baron Baptiste-style. Like so:


No, you will *not* get a picture of ME rocking the bandanna. Just extrapolate. God. Anyway, when I ran on the treadmill yesterday, I had no sweat dripping into my face, and when I took the bandanna off and my hair down in the locker room, my ponytail was not wet and my bangs were only damp. So this is a win no matter how stoopid it looks.

2.) And speaking of the gym, Liz kicked my ass again this morning. I made the mistake of telling her I wasn't that sore after Wednesday. Do you know what that means? It means UP THE WEIGHTS, bitches. A lot of the things I was doing with 12s on Wednesday, we hopped up to 15s. And we went to the next hole on the machines. Next time? I have to use weights with my lunges, no more bodyweight only. I hate mother effin' lunges. But thus is the Ines Sainz ass born. Anyway, Liz says I'm doing really good, which is exactly what I need from a trainer: push me but give me positive reinforcement. None of that Jillian Michaels yelling at people crap. (Have you seen her? That woman is evil.)

3.) One more thing about the Y. Besides all the fun I am having there, I also just love it because of the mix of people. Yeah, there are my eye candy 20-something Dominicanos showing off in the free weights, but there are all kinds of people of every age group and fitness level, too. There's this little old guy I see on Sundays. He looks like my dad with the skinny old-man arms and legs and a little bent over, but he gets right down there onto the floor to do his ab work. He is so freaking cute I cannot stand it. Of course, he would probably be pissed to be considered cute. I'm sure in his mind he's Jack LaLaine! (Footnote: When M2 lived in Massachusetts the first time, she and Mr M2 lived in Beverly and she used to go to my Y. She was like, "Oh, I *love* that Y!" Small world, no?)

4.) Evil Kitty still cannot be tempted to eat anything. And when I dab something on her face to make her lick it off, she just gets annoyed and smacks her mouth, like she can't stand the taste. The only reason I know she's getting water in her, is that I have to squirt a syringe in her mouth after her antibiotic to wash it down, 'cause it can be irritating to the esophagus. Poor Evil Kitty. The vet said not to expect her to start perking up till Monday, but I am still very concerned.

5.) I was looking for my Rockies in the wild card, where they are 2.5 games out, but holy shit, they are only *1* game out of first in their division. National League West is totally, totally still up for grabs, in almost a three team tie. Very exciting!

I think that is it for now.

xoxo

6 comments:

Craig H said...

Fantasy baseball makes *everything* better. Between CarGo and Buster and the resurgent Miguel Tejada, I'm having a ball out there in the NL West, too. Even Colby Rasmus got into the act today, poking a dinger to keep SD down. (I was hoping Miguel was going to answer with 2 on in the 8th, but, oh well, nobody's on EVERY day, unless you're CarGo). Did the Sox play? (Ok, I knew they did--Jonny Lester got me 7 shutout innings and the W).

:-)

malevolent andrea said...

Breaking news! San Diego lost, Rockies are up 6-1 in the freakin' second. If they keep that up and your boy Buster's team loses, Rockies are in first place. Woo!

:-)

malevolent andrea said...

In other breaking news, Evil Kitty was so upset taking her pills just now, she peed. Not on D's leg, but it was close. :-(

Craig H said...

7 pitchers in 7+ innings--the Rox sure are pulling out all the stops, though keeping up with the Giants these days ain't easy. (Buster went 2-2 with 3 walks and 3 runs scored, and I'm just wondering how things would be if they were actually pitching to him).

Sorry to hear about EK...

Uncle said...

Just dropped by for the EK watch. The two and four-legged folk here are in her corner.

malevolent andrea said...

And Delcarmen appears to be blowing that game for the Rockies in the 11th inning right now! hahahaha

Evil Kitty is absolutely the worst cat to pill I have ever had. She gets so stressed with the drooling and now the peeing, it's very sad. :-( She's gonna hate us if he gets better.