Friday, September 12, 2008

various updates

...on previous thoughts.

First of all? Mr Indemnity and I figured out yesterday why having a disabled child is a blessing. It's because then you get a handicapped placard and you can park anywhere you damn well please. Thank you, Jesus! (Okay, yes, I do know I'm going to hell. I also know that Mr Indemnity is probably going to deny his part in this conversation. I'll remind him in advance that lying will also cause him to go to hell.)

Secondly, another thing that's going to make me throw something through my TV some time quite soon? Identifying someone as a "real person," as in "people like Sarah Palin because she's a real person." Um, unless there is a global conspiracy that I am sadly ignorant of and all my elected officials are, in fact, androids, or perhaps aliens from the planet Zorg in clever disguises, they're all real people too. The phrase you may just be looking for is "ordinary person." Thanks!

Thirdly! Other decorating rules or trends that I have been unaware of and/or flouting? Your curtains or drapes are supposed to touch the floor. (You can't tell by the pictures I posted, but the curtains behind my bed do in fact touch and drag on the floor. This is only because they're those ones from Ikea that have the hemming tape handily included, but I was too lazy to do so, and figured you can't tell anyway; it was not on purpose. But apparently my laziness has been vindicated.) Also, your drapery rods should be hung above the actual window, in many cases much higher, and perhaps wider than the window as well. Who the fuck knew? When I replace the ::gasp:: vertical blinds in my front window such that I am not a laughingstock on my street anymore, I will do so with drapes hung correctly. Promise!

xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, we Jews don't actually believe in hell...

So I can say with a clear conscience that I was both shocked and appalled that M-A would suggest using Sarah Palin's Blessing from God to score privileged parking opportunities.

I guess I can then thank Jesus with a clear conscience as well.

crispix67 said...

Is *any* politician truly an "ordinary person" ? Some dont seem very "real" either...lol.

As a housecleaner...I *hate* the trendy curtains on the floor thing. Ever try to sweep or vacuum your floor while holding the curtains up out of the way?Not so bad if its just a light sheer, but the heavy cotton or velvet drapes some people have are a bitch.

JMHO...:)

malevolent andrea said...

Have I ever mentioned that I never think/write "thank you, Jesus!" without hearing it in my head as Mick Jagger's faux American-southern accent as heard in "Far Away Eyes", Some Girls, 1978? "Thank you, Jesus! Thank you, Lord!" Well, now you know.

And Ms Crispix? I have a *totally* clear conscience on the drape thing since the chances of anyone other than me ever vacuuming in my home are, y'know, negligible :-)

Uncle said...

Y'know how they have those parental advisory blockers that let parents censor their kid's TV? I think your readers need to get together and buy or invent a RMS blocker for you. For your health: stress isn't good.

In this house, no draperies below windowsill level would ever stand a chance. Why? Think tomcats.