Monday, September 29, 2008

be impressed

Be very impressed.

I just had my annual review at work and, as you all already know, I'm sure, I rock. Apparently all the time I spend shopping online and blogging is not affecting my job performance one iota. But in the course of my review, I was informed that both my own department and another department have nominated me for a Partners in Excellence award. (Yeah, I work for a Partners hospital, and yeah, I am aware that with every blog entry I write, I'm making it easier and easier to stalk me. I hope all y'all are mentally stable.)

Now, I like to pretend that I am too cool to care about shit like that. I was all prepared to make the joke about my princely 3% max raise and my (possible) Partners in Excellence award buying me [the equivalent of a cup of coffee], but honestly? The fact that this other department recognized that I had gone above and beyond for them in the service of good patient care, and wanted to publicly acknowledge that, really kind of touched me. So, yeah, I guess I'm not too cool to care about public strokes. And I'm enough of a dork to brag about them.

You should still be very impressed!

xoxo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am very impressed!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

I know that such praise and recognition can seem silly in the abstract ("If you like me so much, how about a 10% raise instead?") and yet still very, very good when one actually receives it.

Public stroking is great! Brag all you want. :-)

malevolent andrea said...

Did you know when you look at "public stroking" real quick, it looks like pubic stroking? Which, face it, is usually great too. :-)

Thanks for the congrats :-)

Uncle said...

I suppose it would be inappropriate for some of us at least to offer that kind of stroking.

If they'd just asked your devoted following, you would have gotten your just reward that much sooner.

Well done!

crispix67 said...

What about public pubic stroking??Sorry...I *am* a pervert, ya know I *had* to go there. (surprised a certain other reader didnt go there :P )

Oh, and..don't be concerned about me being your only follower. Doesn't mean Im stalking you or nuthin' like that...really, it doesnt.

Congrats on the award! YOU ROCK!!

Anonymous said...

Did you know when you look at "public stroking" real quick, it looks like pubic stroking?

Oh yes, I did indeed notice that.

There's a reason I chose to repeat your phrase. ;-)