Friday, October 29, 2010

sueno AGAIN (and please forgive the lack of the tilde)

As you know, it's been slow at work, which means a lot of days it's been even more flexible than usual at which time I show up. This has led to an unfortunate pattern in which my cell phone alarm goes off, I dismiss it, and then I go back to sleep for an hour. I've been so tired in the mornings, it's really hard to get out of bed. But this morning I did have a 7:30 patient which meant being to work at 7. So I asked D if he would come upstairs at 5:30 and make sure I was actually awake.

My alarm goes off at 5:30, I'm awake to turn it off. About 45 seconds later, I hear D coming up the stairs. He pokes his head in my room and tells me it's 5:30. I answer him. The next thing I know it's 6:12. Honest to fucking god, I do not know what my problem is. I managed to do the bare minimum of washing and grooming, suck down one cup of coffee, feed that evil cat, and make it out the door just in the nick of time to get to work at 7, but it really wasn't how I wanted to start my day. And it's all my own fault. Sigh.

But even in my rush to get out of the house, I did remember to wear my Halloween t-shirt. My Halloween zombie lolcat t-shirt, which reads, "i can has brains?" People who know what the lolcats are have been cracking up. People who don't just look puzzled. I plan on wearing this to pass out candy Sunday night, and if I can summon up enough ambition, I will zombify myself too. Gotta find some kind of online tutorial on how to do zombie makeup, because my imagination has failed me. If I do, and it comes out satisfactorily, I'll take and post a pic. (Now you all have something to look forward to all weekend. Full service blog.)

Happy Friday. I hope you got to wash your hair this morning if you wanted to.

xoxo

No comments: