Friday, October 15, 2010

non-depressing friday misc

So, enough about my "problems" and my "lack of mental health." Let's do a roundup of other thingz.

1.) best reason to eat fries and drink beer this weekend!

2.) awesome video for those of you whom I haven't already spammed with it in email.



Special props to Mr Indemnity who knew where the car chase footage came from. Movie supergeeks FTW!

3.) I don't know if anyone played baseball last night! Isn't that sad and/or good?

4.) Today will be my last day of c25k. I'm graduating, bitches.

5.) Actual anecdote/news. So, since I broke up with my hairdresser (boohoo) I had to let a new girl cut and color my hair last night. The good news is that she gave me a really good haircut and then blowdried it in a really cute way (which I will never be able to replicate myself, but whatevah). The bad news is that it's at least a shade or two too dark and a shade less red than it's supposed to be. Oh, well. Time for a change, I guess. But what I really want to tell you about is the weirdness of this salon and its design. First of all, when you are having your color applied and then are "processing", you sit not at the hairdresser's station, but at sort of a counter/bar. Then, when it is time for your hair to be washed, you are removed to a separate shampoo room with closed doors and dimmed lighting. I believe this is because, as this is an Aveda salon, you're supposed to get some fancy schmancy special scalp massage as you are washed, though it didn't really feel any longer or different than most salon hair washes. They all scalp-massage you. What is especially weird is that in order for the hairdresser to get behind the sink, she must leave the room and come in another door. And vice versa. So as I am done and she tells me I can sit up, she says, "I'll come around and open the door for you." Which left me standing there waiting kinda awkwardly, 'cause I could have opened the door myself but I didn't want her to think I was rejecting her pampering or whatever. Oh, and the receptionist takes your jacket and spirits it away as soon as you enter, and you are brought water in a very heavy glass tumbler. It's all designed to make you feel like you're a Very Special Guest, but it makes me a little nervous, like when you go to one of those restaurants where the waiter opens your napkin for you.

Okay. I think that's it. I had another image I want to put in here but I cannot make it work, alas. Namaste and behave yourselves, bitches.

xoxo

1 comment:

Uncle said...

Oh *that* explains it! :)