Friday, May 30, 2008

in the post!

Oh, such a good mail day. Let's recap:

1.) My (Moroccan) print. I'm a wee bit disappointed that it looks slightly darker than it did online, but that is of course the chance you take going on monitor colors. I think framed and matted it'll be more than fine.

2.) My new bra. This actually wasn't in the mail; Nordstrom uses DHL, not low-rent delivery services like the US Post or FedEx*. My dad found the box at the front door and was somewhat distressed at its lack of weight. He was concerned that someone might have stolen my merchandise--I mean, are we trusting the lazy soccer moms parked at the corner?*--but reassured on learning that big box did in fact contain the 2 oz of lingerie it was supposed to. (Then we had to have a lovely talk about why I can't buy bras at "that store up the street you like", i.e. the Tarzhay.)

3.) My EW with Christina Hendricks (as Joan Holloway of Mad Men) looking smoking hot on the cover. Smoking hot. The red hair, the red nails, and, ooo, that yellow shift. I want that dress. And the underwear that goes with it. You'll remember the bullet bra discussion that started me talking about my underwear, real and imagined, in here? Joan Holloway/Christina Hendricks is rocking that bra, obviously. It's drool-worthy. She's drool-worthy. Go seek it out on the newsstand if you haven't seen it.

xoxo

*These are tongue-in-cheek remarks. I don't really think Nordstrom thinks they're too good to use FedEx or that the soccer moms are really larcenous as well as walking-averse. Just in case that wasn't crystal clear. Cheers, thanks a lot.

1 comment:

Uncle said...

Dunno...if I was selling merchandise with Nordstrom price points, I think I'd be using DHL too...even for the discounted products ;)

IMHO you can diss the lazy soccer parents all you want, although they usually steal in more subtle ways.