Wednesday, May 28, 2008

out.of.touch.

So, D's flipping through the TV channels and they're playing videos on Fuse. "Californication," to be exact. I ask him to leave it on until it's done, because, like any right-thinking individual (okay, any right-thinking het woman or gay guy), I never pass up an opportunity to look at Anthony Kiedis shirtless.

If you haven't seen it, the Californication video features the Chili Peppers being turned into digitized versions of themselves and going on a video game adventure. I watch it for a minute or two and I say to D, "They should have that, where you could put your picture into the game and have your little character actually be you. That'd be cool."

He gives me a look reminiscent of the whole silver purse incident and says, "They do." And starts explaining it to me.

"Shows what I know," I say, cracking up.

Just when you think you have your finger on the pulse of pop culture, you are rudely slapped down. (And just when you think you can use metaphors, you realize you mix them horribly. Ahem.)

xoxo

3 comments:

Uncle said...

Do they have the one I want that takes 40 pounds and 40 years off my digital self?

I'm perfectly willing be humiliated by any young person who says "yes." I'll just ask for its name.

malevolent andrea said...

If I understand correctly, if you've got a picture from 1968, you could scan it in. But then your little digital self would be wearing bell bottoms. :-P :-)

Uncle said...

The world of 2008 is not ready for that ;)