Sunday, May 18, 2008

sad disappointments

I have two.

1.) That they had to give Eric Gagne ::spit:: his World Series ring. What did they say when they presented it? "Thanks for all your 'help' in getting us to the playoffs"? "Here's your World Series ring, even though you weren't allowed to throw a pitch in it since Tito isn't a complete moron"? "Thanks for not pitching in the World Series, we appreciate it"? The mind boggles.

2.) I was looking at more photographic prints on Etsy and came across one entitled "Harem Window." It's the view from a gated harem window at Topkapi Palace. I would want this so much. Except, it turns out it's ugly and badly composed. *I* could do better than that, and I take crap pictures. (And I mean, cut people's heads off level of crap pictures.) See, judge for yourself: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8617865

Why must they taunt me like this, promising something I need to have and then pulling it away with its lameness?

I would discuss other decorating links, but they have not proved to be sad disappointments yet, and so would be off-topic. Marvel at my self-discipline.

xoxo

3 comments:

Uncle said...

This is your excuse to:
-fly to Paris
-take the Orient Express to Istanbul
-go to the palace
-Take the picture yourself

This one would benefit by having its head lopped off. Such an opportunity wasted :)

malevolent andrea said...

Yeah, see, that's what I would do were I living the life I was supposed to be living had I not apparently been a serial killer or something in my most recent past one :-)

malevolent andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.