Friday, May 23, 2008

today's fashion advice

I mean, besides the "don't go sockless with loafers, guys, lest you look douchey" thing.

You all know that, despite my ranking on Possibly Irish Danny's hideous neck tattoo and the bodyart of various members of the Cleveland Cavaliers, I do like me an attractive tattoo or three or twenty. When I see strangers in public with art I think is fab, I need to restrain myself from telling them so. And when I see someone with half- or full sleeves, I have to admire it and/or them. That's dedication, a serious investment of money, time, and, yeah, pain. Of course, as a woman, it's kind of hard to pull off. You need a certain vibe, Amy Winehouse-esque perhaps, where you know, completely, down in your bones, just how you want to look.

And part of that is giving up certain other things.

I just saw a picture of a woman with close-to-half-sleeves wearing a busily patterned short sleeve top. To quote another website: oh, honey, no.

I admire your dedication to your bodyart. Now couple it with a dedication to wearing solid colors and we're golden.

xoxo

No comments: