Friday, April 4, 2008

pushing to other addicts

Oh, hi.

I'm still alive, without any broken typing fingers, and not suffering from new onset aphasia. While I've had a few fleeting thoughts of things to blog about over the past few days, it's been a busy week, and when I've had the energy to write, I haven't had the time, and vice versa. Blah blah excusecakes.

Be that as it may, this morning in work I had a little patient who was in residential care and who was brought to the appointment by a staff member. I happened to be wearing my Romika leopard print calf hair clogs and said staff member complimented them and asked me what kind they were. (I should have known by the awesome lime green cowboy-ish boots she was wearing that she was a fellow aficionado of the funky shoe.)

"Romika!" she said. "I'm 51, and when I was in my late 20s/30s and my kids were young, I lived in San Francisco and I walked everywhere, up and down the hills. I used to wear Romikas all the time. Those were the most comfortable shoes ever. But I haven't seen them anywhere since. Where do you buy them around here?"

"Actually, I don't..."

And thus was another shoe junkie turned on to the wonder that is Zappos.

Hey, after they came through by e-mailing me when my size in the black Kork-Ease came back into stock and overnighting them to me for free, they deserve all the business I can throw them. In fact, I think you should stop reading and go buy some shoes or boots or sneakers or sandals or a purse right now. Go on.

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

OK...I'll stop wig shopping right now and go over to Zappo's for shoes.

(You should *know* better than to trail that sort of straight line in front of me)

malevolent andrea said...

I'm sorry, but yes! Go buy some shoes. Then post pics on *your* blog :-)