Sunday, April 27, 2008

totally wasted opportunity

Do you know what the lolcats are? (If not, the rest of this entry isn't going to make much sense. Deal.) I go on icanhascheezburger pretty much every day, and I make my kid look at the ones that I find particularly funny if he happens to be in the same room, and forward them to his e-mail if he's not. You guys well know I have never claimed to be anything but easily amused.

Anyway, last night I was down on my yoga mat and Evil Kitty came upstairs to see what I was doing. I was in a spinal twist, lying on my back with my knees going in one direction and my head in the other and my arm extended over my head. And, as I've mentioned, I do yin yoga where I hold each pose for five minutes to loosen up my fascial restrictions, yo. So when Evil Kitty comes over and starts head butting me and licking my bare arm, I don't move. I also try hard not to laugh, 'cause I don't think that's particularly helpful for my fascia, but it's a losing battle. Finally she sits down on top of my shoulder and extended tricep and makes herself comfortable, pressing me down into the mat.

And it occurs to me that if only I had one of my family members standing by to capture this on, y'know, digital film, I'd have a perfect lolcat.

"Facilitated stretching...ur doin it rong."

That's probably only funny if you're a massage therapist or a personal trainer, though, right?

xoxo

No comments: