Wednesday, April 23, 2008

day late, dollar short

This is what I would've blogged yesterday had I had the chance. Just pretend it's topical, 'k?

One of the best parts of taking public transportation is reading over people's shoulders, especially if they are reading a publication you would never in a million years buy yourself. Yesterday on my way to work, the guy in front of me was reading the Herald. The headline was: Jury Backs ER in Unnecessary Rectal Exam Suit.

First of all, bwah. And are you telling me the verb "backs" was an accident? I think not.

Unfortunately I was too far away to read anything but the headline without my glasses, because it was just a hunch, but I was fairly sure my Globe would not have a half-page story on this matter when I got around to reading it. And I was right. Anyone want to fill me in on the details of the unnecessary rectal exam? I feel like it might be something I need to know.

xoxo

4 comments:

Uncle said...

Clever, those Herald editors! They might have added something like "up" or "into" just to add a little nudge nudge.

Anonymous said...

You know, if you read the newspaper of the people, instead of that elitist radical left-wing rag that's turned you into a tax and spend anti-war anti-Bush "Democrat" you wouldn't have to ask the assembled masses of the Internet to fill you in on the news that really matters.

Or you could just use your mad internet search skillz:

"NEW YORK - A hospital did nothing wrong when it tried to examine the rectum of a construction worker who had been hit on the head by a falling wooden beam, a jury has found."

Now, personally, I think that any medical student, let alone attending, that tries to treat a head injury by looking up a patient's ass has their own head in said orifice, as does the jury that let them off.

But that's just me, you can decide for yourself:

http://tinyurl.com/6zebvw

;)

malevolent andrea said...

Why should I use my mad internet search skillz when I can just get my blog readers to do it for me?
:-)

And what kind of wimpy construction workers are we turning out these days, can't even take a gloved finger up the--oh, nevermind.

Anonymous said...

"When Persaud resisted, the staffers held him down while he begged... Persaud hit a doctor while flailing around, so the staffers gave him a powerful sedative in order to perform the exam..."

I have the feeling we can guess exactly what kind of "construction worker" he is. ;)