Friday, April 25, 2008

general hospital

I always joke about how on these medical TV shows, everyone is always having sex in the med closets, etc, and how despite having worked in healthcare my entire adult life, I have never seen evidence of such behavior. And it's a sad, sad disappointment.

Well. One of my friends at work, who is putatively retired but still does work for us here and there, just asked me if I had heard that So-n-so had been fired. I had not. For what? I asked. Apparently, for having sex. In the hallway. With his secretary. To add insult to injury, not only hadn't I heard about that, but I also was sadly ignorant of the fact that So-n-so had also, previously, had an affair with someone who used to work *in my very own department*. And that when she used to disappear for awhile in the afternoons, she was with him.

Ahem. I guess I just do not walk down the right hallways in this place.

Also, other people are having far more exciting work days than I.

I take it back. General Hospital is not just a pack o' lies.

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

Or possibly, you do not frequent the right closets ;)

I think the best dirt is the surprise dirt, though.

malevolent andrea said...

I think it's the hubris of having sex *in the hallway* at work that gets me. Just begging to get caught.

But I guess that's the greater part of the enjoyment for some people :-)

When you get fired for screwing your secretary what exactly do you say at your next job interview anyway? "I left because there weren't enough opportunities for growth."