Thursday, April 10, 2008

oh

It's been a good news/bad news sort of week.

On the bad news side: My taxes are so effed up that I may have to wave a white flag, file for an extension, and call in an actual professional to deal with this mess. The display on this, my beloved and much abused laptop, suddenly developed a big black splotch halfway down on the right side this evening, portending I suppose its eventual demise. D, after being without a therapist for six months, finally got a letter from the clinic assigning him to a new one, but has informed me that he doesn't wish to go now. The Red Sox.

On the good news side: The weather was lovely today and now I'm positive it's spring. April is one of the twice-yearly ET cash-in months at work, so I'll be getting an extra chunk of money. I spent an exceptionally pleasant day off yesterday relieving some of my stress. The Red Sox.

And some things in life are just outside the whole good news/bad news continuum. Some things, like the absolutely fresh and feta-covered chicken kabob salad I ate for lunch or patients who are double-booked but don't really require all that time or handsome men who remember to stretch their hamstrings and psoas, aren't good or bad. They're perfect.

xoxo

3 comments:

Craig H said...

More bad news... JD Drew went 3-for-3 last night with a walk, scored twice and even *gasp* knocked in two. I know it's unnatural, but if it lasts, who ya gonna love to hate???

Yeah, his youth would make you feel a little mean to do it, but Manny Del C coughed up another dinger. Then there's Julian Tavarez... Two thirds of an inning... Three hits, two walks, three earned runs and a great big mess that Pap had to dig out of. Good news on that, I guess, is that Julian made sure the game was close enough so Pap could pad his stats with another save...

The dark horse candidate is, of course, Bryan Corey. (He of the 14.54 ERA). Only trouble with trying to use his as the emotional punching bag is that even Tito seems too smart these days to put him in any game where the score is even close. (Where is Kyle Snyder when you need him???).

Yup, I think it's going to be the bullpen this year. (Except, now that I think of it... Bucholz... Lester... Those starters are pretty compelling targets too).

malevolent andrea said...

It's a dilemma, because I just can't choose someone. This needs to develop organically. When someone invokes in me the urge to spit as soon as they appear on my TV screen, we'll know I'm there.

I'm thinking Lester has a leg up, just because he's Cancer Boy, you know? Part of me goes, "oh no, you can't hate him, he beat a deadly disease" while another part says, "omg, fuck that, I'm supposed to let him coast because of that? show me some pitching."

Craig H said...

Good news is that you can continue to revel in the suck-ass-ness that is Eric Gagne (Eric Gag-Me) via the box scores from Milwaukee. From Francisco Cordero to two blown saves in three games, plus a patented Gagne "Vulture Win". Now there are some long-suffering fans.