Wednesday, April 28, 2010

ubaldo5

In case you aren't keeping track. Oh, it's so much fun having a new favorite Dominicano.

Lemme tell you about my boy. His mother was (is?) a nurse, his father was (is?) a bus driver. They strongly preferred he not sign a baseball contract till he finished high school, so he didn't. He didn't mind. He always thought he was going to be a doctor. But the pitching arm would not be denied. Instead, it's his older sister who's in medical school.

/heartwarming story of up outta poverty

In other baseball news, do you guys know whom Rihanna is dating? Hint: look for her at Dodgers games!

Maybe next month I will stop talking about baseball and celebs. But I wouldn't count on it.

xoxo

3 comments:

Craig H said...

I was actually kinda disappointed when Google told me it wasn't Manuel Aristides, even though I know he's a stand-up guy for his baby mama.

I noticed you let Colby Lewis gets scooped up by one of the other managers this morning. You're sure in the tank for that Shields guy, aren't you. ;-) Of course, one Ubaldo can cover up for a certain amount of dead weight...

Badenhop needs to go, btw.

Lots of good middle relievers who won't be killing your averages, and even a couple who may be poised to move into a closer role later in the year.

malevolent andrea said...

hahaha I actually almost went back after I posted to add an addendum that *NO, it's not Man-well*, 'cause I knew that would occur to people.

I will argue with you about Shields later and pick your brain on something :-)

Uncle said...

Are we going to see our boy here in the blog?