Tuesday, April 13, 2010

more decor

The nice UPS man brought me my new summer quilt and shams yesterday, so I washed the new sheets the other nice delivery man brought me from overstock last week (300 thread count, so not so awesome as my other ones, sadly) and prepared to change the bed. However, I soon realized that I was going to have to change the bedskirt too, because the one I had on there was going to clash. No problem. I knew I had a plain cream-colored old one I could use. I even kinda sorta knew where it was: in one of my bedroom closets, in a pile of various old sheets and blankets I'm not using.

Of course this meant taking everything out of that closet pile to find it. I swear to god, I would tell you I've decluttered almost everything in the main parts of the house, including that particular closet. That does not explain why there is a pair of boots in there, in a box, that I have not worn since 1997, which I have kept solely because I remember fondly the night I wore them. I used to have more things like that--dresses that didn't fit and would have been way out of style even if they did, that were hanging in my closet because they had certain romantic associations attached--but I've let them go. The boots, however, remain. WTF, Andrea? Are you nuts? Why, yes, yes I am. I also found in this, ahem, decluttered closet a Target bag that was completely empty except for a giant unopened bag of 300 jumbo cotton balls. Really, Andrea, really? I don't even use cotton balls, 'cause the feeling of them creeps me out.

Anyway, I found the bedskirt and I made the bed, and it all looks very nice, even though now I've got to adjust to not having super-heavy sheets over me. Just thought I'd let you know, because I realize you people hang on my every purchasing decision. Such as.

xoxo

No comments: