Monday, April 5, 2010

more baseball thoughts

I have to publicly admit that Papelbon, at least, did his job properly. And, y'know, YOUK!

Also, it takes just one evening of doing it for me to realize how very very much I missed sitting in my living room yelling at the TV with my son over the long sad winter. I should probably work on getting more emotionally involved with hockey or (god forbid) football, or re-emotionally involved with basketball, so I'd have something to give my life meaning between October and April. I mean, Buddhism is all well and good, but inner peace has nothing on the gut-wrenching ups and downs of watching your pitchers suck and your batters battle back. And then there are Orsillo and Remy, heaping an inning and a half of scathing but deadpan sarcasm on Neil Diamond without cracking once. Remdawg needs to stay physically and mentally healthy this year, 'cause god knows I need the entertainment to stave off my own crazee.

And with the rest of the regular season starting today, just repeat after me: Ubaldo Jimenez, first 20 game winner for the Colorado Rockies. Keep thinking that, 'k?

xoxo

3 comments:

Craig H said...

I vote ice hockey--six month season from October through to April, and lots of Eastern Europeans with prodigious thighs. (And, yep, how 'bout Youk and Petey).

Uncle said...

When E was little, we used to flop out on the couch one or two nights a week and watch baseball. We had TBS then and got Braves games as well as Sox games. I miss that badly.

You know you've really got baseballitis when you stop on a summer evening to watch an inning or two of Babe Ruth ball or whatever is on offer at the nearest place you can get to. I'm terminal.

malevolent andrea said...

Ubaldo won his first game...you peeps keep watching.