Sunday, April 18, 2010

sunday sundry

1.) Had my first Sunday morning yoga class today at the hospital wellness center. Not that I didn't know it already, but my pecs are t-i-g-h-t. Also my balance on one leg? Not so good. And just because I made that crack in here last week about preferring to have nothing to do with any of those people I went to high school with? I'm innocently getting my meditation cushion thing out of the closet and a woman comes up to me all, "Oh! I think we went to school together!" The irony of the universe is strong, my friends.

2.) I watched Rebecca on DVD this week. I remember reading and loving the book when I was fifteen or so--the lady at the used bookstore my dad and I went to kept recommending other books that she thought I'd like after that, and none of them were quite as good. (I mean, you people know me. Do you think the 15 year old Andrea would have liked a good twisted gothic romance? Isn't it self-evident?) If I've ever seen the Hitchcock movie before, though, I don't remember. I know it's supposed to be a classic and all, but there was *no* chemistry between Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine.

3.) Oh, and in other physical fitness news, I've been equivocating between joining the gym again or trying the couch-to-5k. After re-trying on my kevlar sports bra this morning while getting dressed for yoga, I think I'ma go for the couch-to-5k. It's cheaper. There's even a website where you can download music with the proper intervals for the timing! On the other hand, if we have a rainy crappy spring and early summer, I probably won't stick with it, because I'm, y'know, a big baby.

I think that's it for now.

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

I'm confused. Are tight pecs a problem?

malevolent andrea said...

Yes! "Tight pecs" is not a euphemism for anything else.