Sunday, April 25, 2010

epic

I never watch SNL anymore because a.)it usually sucks b.)I get up at 5:45am on Saturdays and so have very little motivation and ability to stay awake that late and c.)if I read or hear from anyone that there was anything on it that would have amused me, it pretty much always ends up on youtube for my viewing pleasure. HOWEVER. Next week? I am led to understand that they will be featuring Betty White and Jay-Z. That I will stay up for.

New topic. Did you watch the Sox game last night? WTF do we think is wrong with Papelbon? I think I would prefer my ace closer to just save the game, not "make it interesting" then save the game. That asshole Lackey, as I like to fondly refer to him, is on my fantasy team--don't blame me, I inherited him--and, despite his mediocre-to-crappy performance, did at least get me a win. So there is that. Also, Jones' HR was good for me. Was it good for you too? (Oh, I crack myself up.)

And one more thing. I slaved in the yard for another two hours yesterday after work, which is a sad state of affairs lemme tell you, and that makes eleven hours total this week in case you're counting, which I am. I am still not done. I may not even be 2/3rds done. But at least I don't quite feel like crying when I look at it anymore. Also, Friday night I spent an hour or so assembling my "bistro set" for the deck and it looks very cute. I don't think I was quite expecting two chairs and a table to arrive in one box (i.e. in lots and lots of pieces, yo) but I suppose that is what one gets for buying patio furniture that costs $170 as opposed to patio furniture that costs $450. (I was really shocked at how much this shite costs when I started looking at it.) Anyway, if any of you all want to come have a drink on my deck (um, one at a time, I said "two chairs"), you are invited, and I promise I tightened those bolts pretty good so the chair probably will not collapse. Probably.

xoxo

4 comments:

Craig H said...

I just watched this week's show via my Tivo--and I only wish I would have skipped it as you did. It was awful. There was not one funny bit in the entire 90 minutes, and the only jokes at which I even began to laugh (e.g. Seth Meyers on Weekend Update reporting that this week the Papacy of Pope Benedict turned five years old, at which point a priest hit on it) barely earned nervous groans from the studio audience, which seemed to have even less of a sense of what's funny than the cast. (And it is so profoundly creepy the way that Precious girl talks with her eyes closed that I think I'm going to have nightmares).

If Betty White can make this cast funny in two weeks, she will have proven beyond all doubt she's the funniest woman in show business.

Awful.

malevolent andrea said...

Are Betty White and Jay-Z in *two* weeks? I was apparently misinformed! Well, I guess I can consider it my Mother's day present :-)

Uncle said...

The way my focus has been lately, if I showed up you'd need to add some more bolts...to fasten my chair to the deck. I'm blaming it on spring pollen ;)

malevolent andrea said...

Klonopin increase? ;-) :-)