Wednesday, April 7, 2010

again, go carla

I'll direct you to this piece on my close personal friend and hair role model, Carla Bruni. (Even if you don't want to humor me by reading it, click the link just so you can see the adorable pic of her.) Oh, Andrea, I hear you thinking, you just like to post articles that agreed with your own personal pet theories. To which I say, duh. Why the fuck else would anyone have a blog?

Anyway, I just wanna say that life would be a lot easier for, uh, some people if our culture could wrap its collective brain around the concept that not all committed relationships are monogamous and that's okay. I'ma give props to my girl Carla, to Monique, and to Tilda Swinton as public figures who are open about that concept. Hell, I even have to give props to the evil Facebook for the fact that apparently one can list one's relationship as "it's complicated". Ha!

In other somewhat unrelated news, I put a pot roast in the crockpot for my dad to eat tonight and I got some mild complaints that it's all in one piece. Srsly. It's not enough that I leave him home cooked food when I'm not here, it's gotta be cut up. I'm this close to signing him up for meals-on-wheels so he'll appreciate what he's got now. And, yeah, okay, if he cuts off a finger when I'm not here, I will feel guilty. Better leave my cell on. Eye roll.

xoxo

3 comments:

Craig H said...

I will say, all raves about her hair aside, I'm sincerely disappointed in her obvious plastic surgery. (et tu, botox?)

i think beautiful women should be allowed to age beautifully... like some that i know personally.

Uncle said...

On the food topic,you might threaten him with cat food (a joke I can crack because I already qualify for Crosby's senior citizen days).

malevolent andrea said...

1.)Aw, my girl Carla didn't crack under the pressure to pretend to cherish monogamy, but she cracked under the pressure to get a little work done. A person can't be strong about everything.

2.)You joke, but some of that expensive stuff we feed EK could pass as pate. Easily. (Not that I'm gonna spread it on crackers, so no one be afraid to eat at my house, 'k?)

And my friend M2 used her senior citizen T pass when we took the bus together recently. She made some kind of crack about it being her secret shame, but, srsly, a discount is a discount.