Friday, November 13, 2009

this has a point

Namely, down jackets.



This is the one I really, really love. You will note it is not 3/4 length. It is hip-length, like the one it would be replacing. I love the color. I love the faux fur collar that will make me feel glam in January despite myself. I love that the sleeves zip off, enabling it to become a vest. It costs $150.


This one is from LL Bean. Of the jackets on the LL Bean website, it is the cutest. Love the color. But it is also only hip length, and it has no fur collar, no hood, and no ability to shed its sleeves and do double duty. It costs $149.



And this one comes from Eddie Bauer. Of the 3/4ths length jackets I have seen of reasonable price, it is the most attractive. However, it isn't *that* attractive. The color red isn't as nice a color as the top jacket I showed you, but it's the best of the possible options, considering I'm not buying another off-white down jacket, having come to the conclusion that if I pass out face first in a snowbank, I wanna be seen. This one costs $179, IIRC.

That's the best I can do so far.

xoxo

5 comments:

Craig H said...

The proverbial road trip to Freeport is the right way to shop Bean. And, seriously, hitting Kohl's (their profits and business are way up this quarter, the world is learning) for their deals on Bauer and etc. is the right way to come by the other stuff. Like I said, my monster beaner was way cheaper than what you're looking at for Jr. Miss sizes, though I take your point about wanting to be colorful...

Uncle said...

All have in common the critical element, which is colours (or shades) not found in nature.

I have to say the zip-off sleeves catch my attention.

malevolent andrea said...

I know I should be looking in Kohl's etc for bargains, but since my dad is giving me $200 for my birthday, I figure if I just spend less than that I come out even.

And, yeah! Zip-off sleeves = two pieces of outerwear in one. *Plus* the fur collar is removable too, so when I want to go incognito, I can cease being glam. hahahaha

crispix67 said...

I vote for the zip off sleeves too, only because in your description you used the word "love" 4 times. :-)

And none in the other 2.

It is quite cute, and yes, more versatile than the other 2.

malevolent andrea said...

I'm leaning... :-)