Monday, November 23, 2009

d update

We met the new nurse practitioner who's taking over his care today. Despite my reservations about this, she proved to be really nice and apparently really on the ball. The questions she asked him were actually pertinent as if ::gasp:: she'd looked at his chart before he came into the room.

And D was having a very good day. He's usually pretty anxious when he has to go to the clinic and thus quiet and shut down. Today he was fine. He answered all of her questions in an articulate and well-considered manner, presenting himself as the intelligent and thoughtful person that I know. I'm sitting there thinking, oh, this is going well. One thing she did mention was that they have blood drawing there on Tuesday mornings, and if he wanted, instead of going to the hospital lab, he could have his lab work there and see her immediately after on the same day. I'm sitting there thinking, oh, yeah, that's what this kid needs...fewer occasions to leave the house. But he wasn't going for it anyway. He likes his routine the way it is.

I could say more, but I think I'll leave it. Just a wee update.

xoxo

No comments: