Monday, November 30, 2009

monday morning

1.) I haven't taken the blue tape off yet, but I'm working up to it. As soon as the coffee kicks in, promise.

2.) This is an interesting article, if you haven't seen it. Discuss!http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/29/magazine/29sex-t.html?pagewanted=1

3.) I came downstairs this morning and D's asleep on the sofa and the TV's on VH1Classic. (That's my disclaimer, i.e. it's not *my* fault, don't mock.) Anyway. What should they be playing? OMG, an 80s ZZ Top video. I am overcome with nostalgia, as those videos were a big part of those years I spent too much time lying on my sofa watching MTV even though it was my future ex-husband who was the stoner, not me. (I just have that longstanding attraction to, y'know, sloth. And parentheses.) "Gimme All Your Lovin'." I will, at the risk of starting another Billy Joel-like debacle, say "good song!" And better video. Do you remember it? Here, refresh your memory. Ah, back when music videos were videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IP9l-GZ2DY with storylines and everything. (Get offa my lawn. And out of my parentheses. Damn kids.) How can you not love when they throw the grease monkey outta the car, and his boots after him? And he's smiling? And the 80s video vixens. Not that that didn't add to my fucked up relationship with my body back in the day, because I was not 6 foot tall with thin thighs and was never gonna be. But, oh, I could do the rest and I did: the heavy makeup, the teased hair, the spike-heeled pumps, the big plastic earrings, the red-n-black New Wave-y color-schemed clothes. (I'll also point out, just to add more parentheses, that you can go into H&M or Forever 21 at your local mall today and pretty much buy exactly what those women are wearing. Those horrible dropped shoulder batwing sleeves are back.) I think I'll watch that youtube a few more times before I pull off tape.

4.) Then later they showed "Lithium" and my gut reaction was, VH1Classic? Really? But, my god, that was almost twenty years ago, so yeah. amazing. I am fucking old.

5.) Done blogging for the month! I'ma shut up now!

xoxo

5 comments:

Craig H said...

Lots of people in the world appear to know my ex...

malevolent andrea said...

Yeah, but how'd you like the ZZ Top video? ahahaha

Sorry, I'm in one of those goofy good moods. In case you all hadn't noticed. I'll come back with my serious reply, but I gotta get to work now. Holla!

malevolent andrea said...

Okay, serious reply coming *right* up.

The thing I found perhaps most interesting in the article was the "desire follows action" in women part, because in many cases that is so true. And I wish I had known it earlier in my life.

A few months ago Our Lil MILF was regaling us with another list of what (impossible) things she wants in a man, and she said, "...and when I want sex, he'd better give it to me, none of this 'I'm too tired' bullshit..." And I told her that was all well and good, but was she willing to reciprocate? She said absolutely.

I was really impressed, because I certainly wasn't as smart about that when I was her age. It wasn't until I was in my early-mid thirties before I came to the knowledge that you didn't *have* to particularly want sex to go ahead and have it, and that when you did, you almost always would end up enjoying yourself, often immensely. If you get my drift. And that constantly rebuffing your partner's advances just because you weren't particularly in the mood is like one of the most poisonous things you can do in a relationship. I wish I had known all that when I was 25. I wish more people would know it.

Uncle said...

What she said! And that's all I have to say about that.

Craig H said...

I think you should check down at the rectory to see if you can get that part added to the "Pre-Cana" syllabus.