Monday, November 2, 2009

consumer complaint #whatever

Okay, so, for my male readers who may not know this, there's this website that's really big right now called ruelala, which sells designer stuff super-discounted for very limited times only. Most of the "boutiques" are scheduled to last like a day or maybe two, but for a lot of them, the stuff sells out before then. And the other thing is, you need to get an invite to get an account there from someone who's already a member. Then the first time they buy something you get money credited to your account.

Anyway. I got my invite from filling out some kind of survey (I can't even remember what) and also a bonus $20 credit. Every weekday, at approximately 11 am, I get the ruelala email with the links to today's boutiques. Today's I open at approximately 11:25. They have Michael Kors outerwear, so I think, ooo, let's look at that. Because I need a down jacket. Ahem. And they have lovely 3/4 length jackets with real down and fake fur hood trim for $79 (and some with real fur hood trim for $119). And by 11:30 am, every one of these jackets in less than a size large or extra large is sold out. So my chance of getting a $240 down jacket for $59 + shipping (with my credit) is basically gone because I did not go to the website at the crack of 11 am. Bastards.

I think at this point the chances of my ever getting to spend that $20 credit is slim. The things that are really good deals sell out immediately. And the things that are not such good deals? Let me reference these fancy shmancy linens they had on there a few weeks ago. The discounted price for a set of sheets was like $800. That's not a typo. I didn't put in an extra zero. Those "bargains" are obviously aimed at a whole different demographic than the one I inhabit. Thousand dollar sheets? You have got to be shitting me.

I gotta make a decision before I leave work today whether I'm donating my old coat tomorrow or not, because I'll need to send it through the washing machine tonight if so. Life is hard. Ha!

xoxo

3 comments:

crispix67 said...

Do those sheets wash,dry and fold themselves as well as put themselves on the bed for you? They should. Oh myy gawd. What the hell are they made of??

Do you have groupons up there? Its kinda similar but it is more with restaurants and spas and such, huge discounts for a limited time, and a certain number of people have to buy a deal or it expires. A friend gets them all the time, she got $40 worth of food at this very fancy Italian-Greek fusion place for $20, and a $25 one for a little tea shop here for only $10.

malevolent andrea said...

I think that not only should $1000 sheets do all that, they should exfoliate and moisturize you whilst you sleep and maybe give you spontaneous orgasms.

I never heard of the groupon thing, so maybe we don't. Sounds good, though.

Uncle said...

Crikey, I don't think I could get $800 for this whole fricken bedroom. The sheets average $13.99 a set from Tarzhay and the Marshalls clearance aisle.