Tuesday, November 17, 2009

bah!

I just got an unexpected bill for $160 (totally due to my own error/stupidity) and, in keeping with my new keep-the-mail-under-control policy, wrote the check and popped it in the out mail. There goes the birthday money that I was gonna use for my fabu down coat. Boo.

Also? I was just walking down the street from the 7-11 and an old guy slowed down and asked me if I needed a ride. And by old, I mean over seventy. Then he apparently pulled over up the street and was just sitting there in the car, like waiting for me to walk by. It creeped me out. Not that I don't think that I could take down a 75 year old prospective rapist, but this was a first.

To cheer myself up, I give you this, which hopefully will work:

6 comments:

Uncle said...

I'm glad you clarified the "old" part ;)

For the record I've never offered a ride to a stranger of any sex...but have you checked the backs of your outerwear for a target or something?

malevolent andrea said...

This guy was so old I'd be afraid to get in the car with him even if he wasn't a prospective rapist ;-)

Honest to god, this happened maybe 30 feet from where the creepy foreign guy tried to get me in his car last spring. That corner has got to be like the nexus of all pervert guys with vehicles in the county. Maybe the state.

Craig H said...

Either that, or some of your entrepreneurial neighbors have been using that particular corner for (um) entrepreneurial purposes...

malevolent andrea said...

I keep saying this is a nice neighborhood, but I'm starting to have my doubts.

Craig H said...

It's nice if you're in it, full stop. Almost as nice as Lowell is when you're in that neighborhood too, but nice enough. Lots of banks.

malevolent andrea said...

Of course there are a lot of banks! You need cash to hire a crack ho. They don't take Visa.

:-)