Thursday, July 10, 2008

reporting in!

1.) Day 1, MFR...fab. Besides having my favorite instructor evah and besides having my favorite instructor evah shorten the class hours from what was originally planned by the school because she wisely realizes there is only so much information that can be crammed into your brain at one time during these things, my friend and former classmate W is taking it too, so we got to be partners and have so.much.fun. There is nothing quite like a.) learning cool new stuff while b.) laughing your butt off and also c.) getting bodywork performed on you. I miss massage school. Except for, y'know, the poverty, stressing out about assignments and grades, and leaving the house at 6:45 am in 15 degree weather.

2.) So, D. D had an appointment with the psychiatrist this morning. He had made it himself and, even after I figured out it was at a time that I couldn't possibly go with him, I dicked around about rescheduling it. So then I asked his caseworker (the cougar, remember?) pretty last minute whether she could take him. She had another appointment, unfortunately. But in talking about it, she and I kind of came to the conclusion that D could do it by himself if I called a taxi for him ahead of time, and that he *would* do it if I presented it to him as something that was necessary. I waited till yesterday morning to tell him about it because I know from experience that he (ideally) needs enough advance warning of stressful stuff to have time to rap his brain around it, but not enough time to start dwelling on it.

Me: I need to talk to you about something.

D: Okay.

Me: Don't freak out.

D: I won't.

Me: You're going to have to go to that appointment with Dr M by yourself tomorrow.

D: No! I can't!

Me: I said "don't freak out."

D: Okay.

Anyway. He did it and it went fine. Except that the ladies at the front desk wouldn't call a taxi home for him. (WTF?!??? We do this for patients all the time at my work. Bastards.) So D went back to Dr M's office and asked to use her phone. She let him.

xoxo

3 comments:

Uncle said...

Holding good cards in that hand, I think. Glad to hear it

Craig H said...

Go D!!!

malevolent andrea said...

I was especially pleased he didn't panic when they wouldn't call the taxi for him and was able to problem-solve that one on his own.