Tuesday, July 8, 2008

back to random crap

1.) My dad just asked me deadpan why Julie didn't make the All Star team. And you people wonder where I get it from.

2.) In a semi-related Red Sox note, I must shamefully confess that I am never quite able to look at Mike Lowell without imagining him in a white suit and one of those hats, standing on the veranda overlooking the sugar plantation. C'mon now. Admit it. You'd suck down some mojitos with him if you were me. In your dreams.

3.) If you were a Deadwood fan, I would highly recommend reading Missy by Chris Hannan. With a plucky laudanum-addicted 19 year old whore for a heroine and plenty of alcoholism, drug use, senseless and purposeful brutality, profanity, filth, and shopping, I'm sure you can see the parallels. Fun and yet smart book. Read it on the beach, yo.

4.) Mmmmm, cherries.

5.) D's boundaries are about to be really pushed later this week. I will report back with either the good or bad news.

6.) However, my reporting may be sparse, because I'm taking my myofascial release course the end of the week. Yay! You people know how much I like fascia. Almost as much as I like topical anti-inflammatories. But I will report back at some point. You all know how responsible I feel for your entertainment needs. Ha.

7.) Oh, yeah. Do you think I ought to put one of those content warnings on this blog? How many people am I inadvertently offending and how many impressionable teenagers am I leading astray with my content anyway?

xoxo

3 comments:

Craig H said...

Amen for cherries and myofascial release. Just remember the content warnings would only increase the teenage traffic, not discourage it.

I won't even touch that Julie comment. I'd like to believe he's practicing his Steven Wright impression, and having you on. (I'm sending off my note to Theo tonight about auditioning Moss at short tomorrow).

malevolent andrea said...

Oh, yeah, the Julie comment was definitely a joke. The senile dementia hasn't set in that bad yet :-)

Uncle said...

Julie who? And I think we're all long past the point of making any impression upon impressionable youth.

If you stay awake during myofascial release, you can tell me (cash deal, with or without tip) what to do about my myofascial ruins. I'd go on, but dammit! I have my own blog.