Monday, July 21, 2008

bohemian like you

I'm almost finished with my room! I finally sealed the walls I'd faux-finished. I think I like how they looked pre-sealing better, but I really didn't want a non-washable surface (um, yeah, because I'm one of those people who washes their walls all the time, uh huh, yup). Well, we'll see in the morning. I'm leaving the un-faux-finished walls as they are for now. Mainly because I've changed my mind about paint colors about 63 times in the last six weeks, so it's probably best to sit on it for awhile.

I've got one more table to paint. I was equivocating about whether to keep the chest at the foot of my bed, which originally matched my desk before its paint job, mainly because the hinges are broken on it and I don't know how to fix them. But it's a nice heavy piece of furniture that I'd only have to replace with something else that serves the same purpose, so I decided I'm going to clean it up and paint it too. I'll cross the hinge bridge when I come to it. Since I've decided to use both tables as nightstands, so I can have one for pictures and decorative objects and the other for magazines, remotes, and my beverage, etc., I need to get something else to put my tv on. Since the dvd storage solution hasn't been solved, I guess the wise course would be to get something that would serve both purposes. I also have bookcase that matches the other two bookcases in my [we'll call it a] hallway, that has been in a box, unassembled, since somewhere around Bush's first term. I think it's time to break that baby out. It's a little, by which I mean a lot, too minimalist/modern for the boho extravaganza that is my new boudoir, but I may just use it in there anyway. I might need another lamp or two, too. And a tiny bit more art. And some throw pillows.

But I'm almost done! If I ever find that camera cord, I'll post pics.

xoxo

5 comments:

malevolent andrea said...

Addendum: I got the other bookcase together last night, and it was only 75% as aggravating as I remember it being in 2001. I'm not sure what that means.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it means you're 25% calmer than you were 7 years ago?

Maybe all that yoga and bodywork is having a positive effect (if one considers less aggravation a positive, of course).

malevolent andrea said...

I thought it was probably more due to the fact I've assembled a lot of stuff between now and then, seeing as *nothing* comes fully assembled these days. In case you haven't noticed :-)

But I'll entertain the notion that I'm actually at one with the universe now.

malevolent andrea said...

Oh! P.S. I found the cord for my camera, so eventually there will be pics. (that's what we in the media call a teaser, hahahaha)

Craig H said...

Yeah, show us the candy!