Thursday, July 3, 2008

and this month's emotion is...

So, this morning, while I was bathing and putting on makeup and drying my hair and flat-ironing my hair and getting dressed, I had this whole internal conversation about what I would tell someone about why another person feels a certain way and/or what I would write if I were to generalize this away from my friends' particular situations and blog about it. (Why, yes, I do do this kind of thing all the time. Shut up.) And, to my astonishment, I found myself getting a little choked up and even teary-eyed, as this internal script/essay-writing apparently brought some emotions to the fore.

You know what this means, doncha, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls? It means no amusingly cranky rants are to be forthcoming, because *this* month's PMS emotion is apparently...emo! So, y'know, just expect me to spend the next 3 or 4 days working on my house, playing lots of Nirvana, and musing about how when I am a bitter, bitter old woman, unwanted and unloved, the 53 cats that I will have by that time will eat my remains before the EMTs ever find me, and how my Red Sox are going right down the freakin toilet.

(I would love to be part of a medical study about what slight hormone fluctuations cause one month's PMS emotion to be unreasonable irritation and another's to be sadness. So if you ever see that poster on the T, could you please let me know? Cheers, thanks a lot!)

xoxo

2 comments:

crispix67 said...

I am so glad to know Im not the only one who this happens to. One month Im the bitch from hell, angry at the world...the next looking at a baby makes me bawl...the next nothing big...the next its back to bitch from hell. Why cant it be consistent??LOL Just the same results every time...instead of oh, wonder what its gonna be like this time?
Huggs *hands you some dark chocolate*

malevolent andrea said...

Chocolate always gratefully accepted :-)

The other thing that happens to me, but not every cycle, is that on my last PMS day I get a huge burst of energy and start organizing crap and throwing things out. I would also like to know what the hormonal genesis of that one is, because it's just weird.