Monday, July 28, 2008

hey man, nice shot

I have to brag (just a wee little bit). L was the first person outside the immediate family to see the still-ongoing bedroom renovation and she said, about my faux-finished walls, paraphrased, "It looks like we're in some kind of palace or castle or something!" Score. Totally the look I was going for. Well, a cross between that and a 1920s whorehouse, obviously. Boho paradise, baby!

I don't know if any of you all remember, but I wrote, near the beginning of this blog, about how when D was really sick and I was in school, and I was totally overwhelmed physically and emotionally, I let the whole upstairs fall into a state of clutter, dirt, and disrepair, to the point I wouldn't let anyone else up there. And then, last late summer-early fall, when I was semi-unemployed, I worked really hard to clear the junk out and make it habitable again, and it felt like I was exorcising some of the bad memories. Starting to re-do it now, making it not just habitable but pretty (well, as pretty as it can be with that @&#&$@&!!&@ gross carpeting), feels like a further step forward. Like I'm saying to myself (admitting to myself?) that the real bad times are over. I dunno.

(It occurs to me that I should have tagged these home decor posts, since I apparently can't shut up about it. Oh, well.)

xoxo

No comments: