Sunday, July 6, 2008

a few weekend notes

1.) My Home Depot, as opposed to the vastly inferior other Home Depot I went to last weekend, had big gallon-sized containers of wallpaper paste. On the big container, as opposed to the little tub, it very clearly said: do not dilute. Oh, Home Depot #2686, I will never cheat on you again.

2.) My Home Depot, however, it must be said, sells the crappiest, crappiest latex gloves ever. Why someone who works in a major medical center has to buy disposable gloves to wallpaper is, I grant you, a good question, but in my defense, I was in a hurry to get out of there and begin my long weekend. I could not concentrate on stealing necessary remodeling supplies. In any case, I put my fingers through so many of these Home Depot gloves this weekend--and I have no nails--that I can only pray the latex company doesn't also make condoms, because that's an STD and unwanted pregnancy epidemic in the making right there.

3.) Despite my threat to listen to nothing but Nirvana all weekend in an emo depressathon, what I did listen to was the contents of my iPod, in alphabetical order. So, Andrea, you ask, what's the best music to paste hundreds of scraps of paper to your bedroom walls to? Well, punk seemed to work well, so thanks, Burma, and thanks, Clash. But then, NIN worked well, too, so a certain level of aggression (?) seems to be ideal. Blowing a hole in that theory is that, rap? Not so much.

I have so much more to say about metaphors and stupid people, the Red Sox, paint color choices, the fact that my dvd player totally crapped out, and probably other topics, but I need some sleep. Alas.

xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I would have thought all the Home Depots in any one area would pretty much all have the exact same things...

I mean, you don't need the kudzu killer in the NorthEast (yet) but otherwise I'd have thought it was all similar.

So I guess the North Shore is in the wallpaper region of Massachusetts!

Uncle said...

I think HD is another one of those chains where all the stores share a label but every one has a different buyer. The variety is weird.

My nearest one (which I fear may be yours, M-A)has let me down so often that I've become a (gasp!) Lowe's shopper.