Saturday, July 12, 2008

puzzlement

On my way through beautiful, beautiful Brighton the past three days, I noticed a building, apparently a church, with a sandwich board in front of it that said "Tattoo Worship, June 20, [time]." Now, I'm assuming this is not literal. Though, Anthony Kiedis? If you're reading? I would *so* worship yours. With my tongue. Call me, baby!

Ahem. Where was I? Oh, yeah. So, I'm assuming this is a special service for people with bodyart to worship together. My question is, why? Do they need to pray for better healing time? That their artist doesn't mistakenly misspell their girlfriend's name? For a giant bag of money to fall from the sky so they can finally finish that big back piece? I dunno. It is a puzzlement.

I have the feeling this is one of those mysteries that could be at least partially cleared up if I were willing to use my amazing google-fu. However, since I am a lazy, lazy woman, I will just throw it out there, and assume that, as so often happens, one of my friends will step up and do the googling for me. And report back.

Thanks in advance. As they say.

xoxo

1 comment:

Uncle said...

Pray for spiffy clean needles? Pray that there isn't a change of artistic vision halfway through the back piece that you don't discover until some months later? Pray that your colours don't start to wimp out on you in 40 years when the collagen goes to hell?
One can think of a number of reasons for figurative tattoo worship.

Next?