Monday, January 14, 2008

missed my chance and other Monday comments

1.) I should have taken a picture of the glacier in my side yard yesterday before it got covered by the new snowfall, because I seriously had the only patch of snow left in the whole of eastern Massachusetts on my property. Now we all have snow again and my yard is no longer special. Be careful, by the way. Here on the coast at least, there's a layer of slush under the snow. Don't hurt yourselves. Unless you want to pay me for a massage to fix yourself. In that case, I recommend poor body mechanics. Totally.

2.) Speaking of which, can I just remind you, even though the Christmas season is over, Jesus would still want you to shovel.

3.) The real moral of Juno is thus: if you like the kind of music I do, you will be proved to be a complete douche. Can't really argue with that.

4.) If you were me, and one of your best friends' therapists said, in therapy, "so, what did Andrea think/say about that?" in regards to a topic that had nothing really to do with me, wouldn't you think that you deserved a cut of the exorbitant fee said therapist charges? Thank you! I think so too.

xoxo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

On #4: Perhaps what it actually means is that you need a therapist just as much as me, being a co-enabler and all (is there such a word?). Maybe she should be charging just as much for doing a double-analysis. :p

Although, since you have professional skills, perhaps you could barter massage therapy for psycho-therapy. Is that professionally ethical?

malevolent andrea said...

No.

And, besides, nuh-uh. She absolutely wants to know what I said because she knows I give you nothing but stellar advice and the occasional tough love.

I could *so* do her job, without all the tedious years of grad school. I'd be just like that ex-stripper who got busted for practicing without a license, but whose patients said was the best therapist they'd ever had.

Anonymous said...

Well, I actually rather suspect she does think you give stellar advice... at the least she sure knows I listen.

But don't forget, that ex-stripper is in the same "excellent advice" column as Dr. Phil and Dr. Laura, which may not be company you want to keep. :)

Besides, I'm sure it takes years of grad school to learn how to *not* give advice. And what fun would that be?

malevolent andrea said...

But Dr. Phil has an actual degree, does he not? Which goes to prove: piece of paper = worthless :-)

Anonymous said...

Except Dr. Phil's dissertation was (according to Wikipedia) "Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Psychological Intervention" so he should really only be giving out advice to the old and inflexible.

And Dr. Laura's Ph.D. is in Physiology, so she's really not academically certified to shoot off her mouth, though she may know what happens when she puts her foot in it.

Uncle said...

Considering that one of our local Boston TV doctors is a podiatrist (read the fine print as it flashes by), we seem to live in a time when those bits of paper are interchangeable in the right situation.