Thursday, March 3, 2011

questions you can't ask people

(BTW, I've decided, this must be PMS. I am cranky as all get out today.)

Do you remember me telling you all about my lil online admirer who's been blatantly flirting for months, flirting I do not in any way encourage considering he lives in Alabama, is a Yankees fan, and is religious, all of which are huge impediments to us ever sharing hot monkey love? Plus, as far as I can tell, he's not a contractor, so chuh. This does not keep him from flirting, but it's all harmless. Well, a few weeks ago, I ascertained for certain that the kind of religious he is, is some sort of mainstream Protestant. He was discussing having been asked to give a guest sermon at his church as the minister was gonna be away. At the same time--this was around the time I was getting ready to take my progress pictures--he was "joking" that if he lived closer, he'd be happy to take pics of me in my underwear. I wanted to tell him that I was pretty sure Jesus didn't want him to perv on strange women while he was writing a sermon, but I really don't know him well enough to know if he would have taken offense to that or gotten the joke.

Anyway, the reason he is a Yankees fan is that he grew up in the Bronx. He has a first name that may have certain ethnic associations, or maybe not. And then today, he used the word mitzvah in a sentence.

I really really want to ask him if he's Jewish and converted, but it's none of my business and I don't want to bring up the topic of religion anyway, in case he's one of these "save you" types. These are the times I wish for the help of The Benevolent L, 'cause she'd get it all out of him before he knew what hit him! Sigh.

xoxo

No comments: