Wednesday, March 30, 2011

oh, oh, oh

I can't believe I forgot to tell you the best part of the Macys experience! While I was in my dressing room trying on that awesome dress, there was a young Indian woman trying on dresses in the next cubicle. She was shopping with an older woman whom I will just assume was her mother, and they had apparently narrowed down the selection to two options whose fine points they were deliberating. The girl said, about one of them, "It's just so stretchy and comfortable. This is going to sound horrible but--I wouldn't mind it for PAP smears."

Okay, boys and girls, if you don't think I wanted to yell over the partition "Giving or getting? Because they usually make me wear that paper thingy," then you haven't been paying attention. I mean obviously she's an OB GYN resident looking for work clothes, but that had to be one of the best overheard non sequiturs of all time. And you know I keep my ears open.

Does one want comfy clothing when one is staring at vadge all day? Apparently so!

xoxo

No comments: