Sunday, March 13, 2011

continuances

1.) I was in the Shaws in Salem a little bit ago and they had grape tomatoes. For $4.99 a fucking pint. Tomato crop failed somewhere, bitches.

2.) Had my new class with Liz today and she said, re starting me out on step-ups with 6 risers, "I know this won't be a problem for you, because you're in awesome shape." She also said, re my 75 lb seated calf raises, "That's impressive!" And similar nice things about how much my flat press and db rows have gone up since I took her class last fall. And then after class, she taught me how to do a straightlegged dumbbell deadlift. Yay! I lurve her. I honestly don't know who I lurve more this week, her or Angela my magic nail lady.

3a.) Yesterday at B&N, I spent some time looking at Jay-Z's book. (Don't worry, theme week is over and I will not subject you to a video.) I'm sorry, but I cannot justify spending $35 on a hard cover book in which Mr Carter-Knowles deconstructs his lyrics, no matter how much the gentleman fascinates me. Besides, he doesn't need my money. So I spent 15 or 20 minutes reading the parts I really wanted to read in the aisle. You will not remember, but at one point in this blog, I queried whether the pun in "we'll see how smart you are when the canines come" followed by the chorus of "I got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one" was intentional. Well, yes, Mr Carter-Knowles says in his book that every usage of bitch in that song refers to something other than a woman, mentions that example in particular, says that it was deliberate, and that in fact, he wrote the song just waiting for people to flip out, misconstrue the lyrics and call it misogyny. All of which, as well as the other parts of the book I read, reinforce my previous impression that he's one hell of a smart dude. Which makes me lurve his former-drug-dealing, present filthy-rich ass even more, because you know uneducated people who have gotten through by way of their native brilliance are my favorite kind of people.

3b.) I made Mr Indemnity go back and watch that Jay-Z video I posted for you, because he is my watch expert and I thought he could identify what kind Mr Carter-Knowles is wearing in the limo. But sadly he told me that watches with that amount of diamonds on them fall outside his area of expertise. Ha!

xoxo

No comments: