Thursday, March 31, 2011

baseball season begins today, bitches!

I know you've been looking forward to me resuming the whining and ranting continuously about baseball, real and fantasy, for months now. Admit it. It's like the first sign of spring. Screw the robins and crocuses!

Today there shall be no whining or ranting, however. I'd just like y'all to read what Yahoo Sports has to say about my boy Felix Hernandez: RHP Felix Hernandez's final spring start Sunday before pitching the opener Friday in Oakland came against minor-leaguers, and he was so dominant that he had to ask to have a runner assigned to first base in the seventh inning for a couple of extra outs just so he could get a chance to work with men on base. C Miguel Olivo said Hernandez was all but unhittable.

Okay, he's still pitching for goddamn Seattle, so we'll probably have to set up the suicide watch again, but you have to admit that's hilarious. And good for my team.

In other, non-whiny baseball news, every single sportswriter I've read recently seems to think the Red Sox have the AL sewed up. Of course, these are the same people who last year at this time were saying "best pitching staff in baseball" and we all know how that turned out. Fuckin' Lackey. (Oops, that's whining. But I am still so very very bitter. So bitter.) Also, the fact that Mr Indemnity and I have that Sox Pack means they're probably gonna lose four extra games this year than they would have otherwise. No good ever comes of me stepping foot into Fenway. Particularly wearing that jersey of my son's, which is obviously a horrible bad luck garment. I'ma have to buy myself something else to wear to the games.

That's all for now.

xoxo

No comments: