Thursday, March 17, 2011

not complaints, just observations

1.) I have recently obtained two items that live in my bathroom. They are both in pump bottles, pump bottles of very similar size and shape. One is blue, one is blue and white. One contains hair "product", the other eyeglass cleaning fluid. So far, this has not led to any early morning tragedies, but you know the potential is there, in both directions. And it will happen.

2.) I weigh one pound less than on Monday, but still three pounds more than last Monday. Really, Cheesecake Factory, really?

3.) My excuse that it is pointless to vacuum and wash the floors because of all the snow/slush/muck that gets carried in, no matter how much we try to be careful of it, has pretty much run its course. You know what that means. I either have to find a new plausible excuse or clean the damn house. Sigh.

4.) D has started playing the drums again, which besides gladdening my heart that the $800 drum kit in my basement is not there just to gather cobwebs, also gladdens my heart because I am happy when he shows interest in any of his former pastimes and hobbies that don't involve lying on the couch watching CNN, shows about ancient astronauts, or Pawn Stars. However, listening to someone practice drumming isn't the musical treat you might think. Ahem.

5.) And not so much an observation but a very puzzled query. I saw a bumper sticker today that read, "Please, God, just one more bubble." Does anyone have any idea WTF that refers to?

xoxo

4 comments:

Craig H said...

I've seen something similar with the additional promise to the deity not to piss it all away this time. I think they're talking about either the stock market or real estate or both. You ought to encourage D towards the ukulele. ;-)

malevolent andrea said...

Interesting! All the more so since it was on what might be charitably be described as a beater. Maybe the Beemer was a victim of the crash.

Uncle said...

Haven't seen that stickah...will watch closely, but I'm with Mr Barma's interpretation.

About the drums. First, be grateful it isn't the accordion. Second, when D's musical interest is fully involved, get him to go for the mandolin. That is so quiet that "you can't hear it if there's another instrument in the same room, whether it's being played or not." (Peter Schickele)

Even drums become easier listening as the repertoire expands.

malevolent andrea said...

I may have mentioned this before, but my next door neighbor, when we were in high school, learned to play the sax. Which at times sounded somewhat like a cat being strangled. For hours on end. Ahem. (He persevered, however and eventually did an outstanding job as one of The Blues Brothers at a memorable school talent show :-))

All of which is to say that I don't mean to imply D's percussive adventures are in any way that unpleasant, and that I doubt the accordion could be worse than the saxophone. Not that I want to find out.