Sunday, August 23, 2009

so, speaking of

Isn't this an awesome light fixture for my kitchen? Imagine it in the context of those cabinet pulls.




Unfortunately, it only takes a 60 watt bulb. I suppose if all I had for lighting in the kitchen was a couple of those, no one would be able to see the grease adhered to the upper cabinets, though. So that's a plus. Seriously, though? If anyone sees any vintage/industrial-ish lighting that would look good with the plan in my head (ha!), send me a link, ok? I looked at Restoration Hardware (because isn't that what those assholes are *supposed* to sell?) but they had nothing good.

xoxo

3 comments:

Uncle said...

Spill! Where does that fixture come from?

malevolent andrea said...

http://www.lampsplus.com/Products/Westington-10-inch-Wide-Ceiling-Light__H6828.html

malevolent andrea said...

PS. Google-image for "vintage industrial kitchens" and you will find very many things full of awesomeness, including this company in Ohio (?) that makes furniture out of stuff found in the abandoned factories of the Rust Belt, not much of which I can comfortably afford. But it is so fucking cool.