Sunday, August 23, 2009

and one more consumer problem

When the Benevolent L and I went to see Tori this week, we went to the North End for dinner beforehand. Eggplant ftw. But just for the hell of it, I got the flight of cabs they had on the menu with my dinner. One of them was yucky (I'm sorry, South America, but I realize that I don't think I ever have had a Chilean wine that I liked), one was pretty good, and one, the Five Rivers, was absolutely delicious. Benevolent L, who was tasting my tasting, agreed. Neither of us are wine connoisseurs by any means, but we both agreed that was one yummy cheap wine.

So since then I have looked in the liquor store closest to my house, and the liquor store closest to my work (which has a much bigger wine selection) in order to buy a whole bottle of my very own, and neither of them carries it. Wine.com doesn't carry it. I found the Five Rivers website and while it's lovely, it doesn't tell me where I might be able to purchase their fine product.

I would appreciate if you all keep me in the back of your minds and if you see Five Rivers Cabernet for purchase in any of your local liquor stores, give me a shout out. Or y'know, buy me a case. There's only four more shopping months till Christmas, you know.

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

Aha! The Cabernet is a Paso Robles product. I'll add it to my badger-the-locals list. Paso Robles is the CA wine district nearest to E's home and surfing haunts, so she got me hooked. The climate is unique in CA, leading to that very intense flavour.

My suggestion is to harass any place you'd usually buy wine to pay attention to Central Coast wines in general, and Paso Robles wines in particular. The production is low, not much of it makes it out of Cali...but there's nothing like creating demand.

I'd like to see this one make a hit too...on this coast there's hardly such a thing as a cheap Central Coaat wine.

malevolent andrea said...

Ah, thanks, that explains a lot.