Tuesday, August 25, 2009

oh!

And thanks to the bad influence of one of my blog readers, and you know who you are, I bought that freshly ground chocolate peanut butter at Whole Foods today. I have not yet tried any, being kind of unsure what I'm supposed to eat it on. I'm preliminarily thinking "a spoon", but I'm open to other suggestions.

But do you know what else they had at Whole Foods today? Dolmates! Oh.my.god. Just like my Greek friends' moms used to make, seriously. I highly recommend these. For prepared food, these are above and beyond good. I had some for late lunch/early dinner, along with some olives and artichoke hearts, and my belly is happy.

And, yes, I know I am not supposed to be shopping at the Whole Foods anymore since they are apparently as bad as the Evil WalMart, politically speaking, but my principles buckled beneath my love for antipasto and Greek food. I am only human. God.

xoxo

3 comments:

Uncle said...

Whistling innocently past the chocolate peanut butter display...

A spoon works very well. I also blend it (and also ordinary fresh-ground PB) with plain fat-free Greek yogurt for a health-conscious treat. Of course, the health consciousness goes straight to hell when you then sit down and inhale a cup or two of the blend.

It's tough being an enabler with a conscience :)

malevolent andrea said...

If I get hooked on this stuff and become too obese to lure random cab driver/stalkers, you know who I'm blaming. Just, y'know, sayin'.

Uncle said...

There, I *knew* I could find a solution to the cab driver thing!