Tuesday, August 4, 2009

not just for cataract prevention anymore

So, there I was at the spa this afternoon, getting my monthly pedi, and my solicitous and charming Eastern European aesthetician handed me a stack of magazines to peruse while she tended to my feet. And in the stack there were a number of gossip rags, People, US Weekly, and so forth. Now, I never read these things except in the salon setting. (I swear!) And when I do, they are full of articles and items and pictures of those people from The Hills and the stars of the Harry Potter movies and Disney Channel celebs and all kinds of other folk I barely recognize or am aware of.

But in one of these magazines this afternoon I came across a picture of two gentlemen I very much am aware of: Mr Barack Obama and Mr Nicolas Sarkozy. What were they doing? Well, they were attending some summit or other, and apparently, staring at the very voluptuous ass of a young woman whom the magazine identified as a 16 year old junior delegate from Brazil.

Now, I say apparently, because in the photo Mr Obama's gaze is indeed downward (i.e. assward) but whether he is in fact checking her out or is innocently looking at something else, one really couldn't say from the camera angle. Mr Sarkozy is looking towards Mr Obama (and the girl) with a huge grin on his face. But who knows? Maybe someone said something really funny just as the photo was snapped. And, c'mon now, even if they were looking, there's no way anyone could tell from behind that the buttocks in question belonged to a 16 year old, not a 25 year old. And, as we all know, those Brazilians are, in general, a very attractive people.

So I'm willing to give Barack and Nicolas a pass. I mean, I'd've looked at something that round in a skirt that tight and I'm a heterosexual woman.

But I do have a piece of advice. Sunglasses. If you're a major world leader (or other extremely famous personage) and apt to be having people snapping your picture left and right the second you go out in public, wear the dark glasses if you can't be all stony-faced and apparently oblivious in the presence of the sexy and the tightly-clad. Do you *want* to be mocked in US Weekly and then the blogs of your constituents or fans? No, you do not. Trust me.

xoxo

4 comments:

Uncle said...

Isn't this a summer re-run? I thought we'd discussed this piece of juice.

malevolent andrea said...

Not me! This is the first I'd seen of it.

I have to ammend though: I found the (less-cropped-than-in-the-magazine) image online, and they're definitely looking. No wiggle room. (Um, is that a pun? hahaha)

Anonymous said...

Link, please!

malevolent andrea said...

Since it was actually lampooned on pundit kitchen, I'm surprised you didn't send it to me!!

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/political-pictures-obama-sarkozy-damn.jpg