Tuesday, May 4, 2010

tuezday randomosity

Hey, kids. Ubaldo6. All I'm sayin'.

Now, on to other matters. Remember last summer when I had The Best Cheap Red Wine I Ever Tasted in My Life in the North End and research proved that it was from Paso Robles? And that I'd probably never find it again in Massachusetts? Well, I went into the nice wine store by Marcy's office today and they had a whole bunch of Paso Robles wines. (Well, three. That's a bunch, isn't it?) Anyway, I didn't find the super-delicious wine, but I bought a different one to try. And I thought you should know. Because my inability to find the liquors of my choice probably haunts y'all day and night. Admit it.

Also? Yesterday? I got home from work fairly late, so as soon as I came in I started cooking. And--I'm sure you remember *this* from last summer's blog entries too, because I know you all take notes--my stove has started doing that thing again where if I use too many burners at once or heat the oven too high, it shorts out and I need to go flip the breaker off and on, which I totally don't know if it's an electrical problem or a stove problem, because when my electrician was here it hadn't been doing it for months so I didn't ask him to look at it, and if it does turn out to be the stove, I'll be pissed because that stove is only like 6 years old and I still think of it as "my new stove", and holy shit is this a run-on sentence. Anyway, because of the annoying stove problem I was only cooking pasta on it and meanwhile steaming broccoli in the microwave. Plus I had shrimp defrosting under cold water in the sink. It was all much more complicated than it had to be. So, about to give my multi-tasking a big FAIL, I said to D, hey, wanna help me make dinner? To my shock and awe, he immediately said "sure!" He then peeled all the shrimp after I showed him how to do one. You gotta understand, since he's been sick he's been very, very reluctant to try to do new things. He's terribly concerned he'll make a mistake. I can't tell you how surprised I was that he jumped right in with something he'd never done before. It's one of those incremental progress things that sneak up on me, I guess.

Finally, you know how when you go out shopping with a mental picture of what it is you're hoping to find, you never see anything even close and you get frustrated and you buy nothing? Yeah.

No, this is finally. I don't have Napoli in my lineup tonight and he's killing Lester. Goddamn it.

xoxo

4 comments:

Craig H said...

There's killing, and there's killing. I'd say an 8 inning win giving up only 1 run on 5 hits and 2 walks is pretty good for our/my boy Jonny. (Timmy L struck out 13 in 7 innings, which is cool, but he couldn't manage a win, so, tonight, Jonny's my boy).

More to the point, what's up with the Angels walking my boy Youk every other time he comes to the plate? (Oh, yeah, I forgot, Nancy "Mr-inning-ender" Drew bats behind him...)

Ortiz is done. Mr. Mikey Lowell needs to be our full-time DH. Just sayin'.

malevolent andrea said...

Mikey and I are still like this: X :-)

And, yes, by "killing" I meant just actually hitting the ball, 'cause that was in contrast to the rest of my losahs last night. Jonny did do good.

Craig H said...

I also noticed Mr. Shields decided to reward your patience with a gem of his own. He's up there with Jonny in K's--I'm reconsidering my criticisms. Just remember to just say "no" to pitching him against the Yankees. ;-)

Uncle said...

Baseball being well-covered ;-) I confess I forgot about our discussion of Paso Robles wines. I'm definitely seeing more of it lately, and at less than scalper prices. Maybe with the Cali economy so deep in the tank, they're sending more to this coast. Keep on drinking to encourage the Central Coast to send us more.