Tuesday, May 25, 2010

my fabulous business idea

When I was walking into work yesterday, my boss was at his computer. "Andrea! C'mere!" He was trying to find contact info for a another doctor whose last name he had absolutely no idea to spell, and he thought maybe I knew. Well, no, I did not, *but* I showed him how to look it up on the Board of Registration website even if you don't know the spelling. He was wicked impressed.

So I told him my brilliant idea from the other day. Mr Indemnity had been having trouble looking up something on his iPhone--it wasn't behaving--and said something facetious about whether celebs had flunkies to do that kind of thing for them. And I said "That's it! That's what I should be doing for a living. I should be some rich person's personal Google-er." I think both my boss and Mr Indemnity thought it was an amusing idea, but seriously. I am so good at it. Someone should be paying me. (Okay, okay, I realize that what I really should have been was a research librarian, but Google-er to the stars would be much more glamorous. C'mon now.)

Then later, when I was leaving, my boss was again at his computer having trouble. He asked me if I used Skype. No, sorry, can't help you with that. He asked me what good I was. I told him that a.) I'd solved his problem once already that day and that was his quota and b.)sorry, but I didn't know anyone in any foreign countries I needed to talk to. "No," he said, "you can use Skype locally. Then you can see the person you are talking to." I told him I didn't see any benefit in that, and it would seriously cut down on the number of phone conversations I could have in my underwear. So, like, even if I didn't solve his Skype problem, I did make him laugh. I am worth every penny they pay me, yo.

But I still think I could make a fortune being the Google-er in someone's posse. (There is a precedent. I hear that some celebs who tweet, don't actually tweet themselves, they have their assistants do it. I could do that too!)

xoxo

No comments: