Sunday, May 23, 2010

killer

Yesterday evening Evil Kitty was being...annoying. Basically, she was walking all over the house meowing as if she wanted/needed something, and nothing anyone did would satisfy. She had food on her dish. I changed her water so it was nice and fresh and cold. My dad tried to let her out the back and she wouldn't go. I tried to let her out the front and she wouldn't go. (Yes, sometimes she prefers one door over another. Yes, we are whipped.) I had just changed her box, so it was completely poop-free. D brushed her. I brushed her. She just would not settle down.

Finally, I went out on the back porch and she followed me out. I was looking down over the railing, perusing my yard to see if all the weeds I had spent hours last weekend pulling out of my patio bricks had grown back yet, and instead of running down into the yard, she was rubbing against my legs and head-butting me. I turned around, back towards the door, and said, y'know, "What the HELL do you want, cat? What is your problem?" And then I noticed. Immediately in front of the door we'd come out there was a tiny little chipmunk head, a tiny little chipmunk tail, and a bloody lump that was some kind of internal organ. (Let's just not speculate what happened to the rest of it, 'k?) I called D and my dad to come see, then I picked it all up with a paper towel and disposed of it. Evil Kitty went back in the house and settled down for the rest of the night.

Moral? Everyone wants their hard work to be appreciated!

xoxo

1 comment:

Uncle said...

I like it when the cats strike a balance between getting a snack and giving a gift to the hoomanz. In her salad days, Annie was pretty good at that.