Saturday, May 8, 2010

tragic

I don't want to suggest this day has started out wrong, but I'll just lay out the facts for you.

  • I woke up this morning to get ready for work and we were having a huge thunderstorm. Pouring rain, loud thunder, and when I went to make coffee, dramatic lightning right outside my kitchen window. I made the executive decision that immersing myself in water probably was not the smart move and so I should skip bathing or showering. So I just brushed my teeth and washed my face and sponge-bathed the crucial other areas and called it a day. Not ideal, right?, but serviceable. Except. I had my hair colored on Wednesday afternoon, and as the ladiez probably know but the gentlemens might not, one is supposed to hold off washing one's hair for 36 or 48 hours afterwards so the color sets and lasts better. I usually don't make it past a day and a half because I can't stand my hair feeling dirty, but I was really good this time. I didn't wash it Thursday. I didn't wash it Friday. And I couldn't wash it this morning. Ew. Yes, boys and girls, I am officially gross.
  • Also, remember how earlier in the week I mentioned that women are usually pretty brand- and product-loyal to their menstruation supplies? Well. Thursday after work and Friday after work I had things to do (see: lawn mowing and pedicure getting) and I just did not get to the CVS. I am out of my regular supplies and using free samples that came in the mail which I have stashed for emergencies and I am not happy. There's a reason I buy what I usually buy and not this crap. However, I can blame no one for my laziness but myself. I could have made myself detour to the store even though I was tired. FAIL.
  • Felix Hernandez.

But at least I got to annoy you people with bullet points, so everything has its upside.

xoxo

No comments: