Saturday, May 8, 2010

important non-tragic public blog announcement

So, this morning, after I said what a crappy crappy day I was having so far, Mr Barma gave me a stellar fantasy baseball tip about whom I should pick up on waivers, even though he could well have grabbed the guy himself. I said, "Paco!"--I call Mr Barma "Paco" even though that's not his name, do not ask me to explain this--"Why are you being so nice to me?" And Mr Barma opined that while I am remembering how very, very good to me he is being, I ought to tell you, my readers, that sleeping with the commissioner, keeping him supplied with arnica, and doing my level best to keep his fascia in serviceable shape even though he gets less than one fifth the number of massages that douche Lance Armstrong does does in fact come with benefits. Because I think I may have been asking about the quid pro quo of that in here earlier. Ahem.

Consider yourselves told. (And thanks for Starlin Castro, Paco! You're the best!)

xoxo

2 comments:

Craig H said...

Oh, Maria, someone else would have snagged Starlin before me--after all, I'm only waiver priority #6--but Desmond, he's the stuff of pure altruism. (if you can ignore 1/5th 5 times the quality enjoyed by TDLA).

Ain't fantasy fun?

malevolent andrea said...

If I just refer to him as TDLA from now on, will everyone remember who I'm talking about?;-)

And YES this is terribly diverting. That's why after watching your baseball guys for two seasons, I knew I wanted in!