Thursday, February 11, 2010

meet you downstairs in the bar, and hurt

In good news--and my attempt to bore you all into a coma deeper than the one my ex-husband recently emerged from--let me tell you that my electrician came today, apologized profusely that he screwed up yesterday, and gave me an estimate for $300 for all the work I want done (which I thought was more than reasonable). In bad news part 1, when I asked him how easily he could put in an outlet in a wall which has none, he had to go down into the basement to see what was under there, and I was totally humiliated. Sigh.

In bad news part 2, my happy happy vacation mood has dissipated, which is primarily, if not solely, my own damn fault, since a.) I did something(s) that I pretty much knew would put me in a bad mood and b.) even though I know my negativity is more about me than about objective reality, I un-Buddhistly still mired myself in it. In one of my Buddhism books, there's a quote from Mark Twain which is, paraphrased, "I've lived a life of tragedies and misfortunes, most of which never happened." I can identify. The Buddhists are big on "the stories we tell ourselves" and not blindly accepting them. I think I was doing better with that, but apparently I'm backsliding. Sigh again. I think it's probably partly that since I haven't been doing yoga while resting my back, I also haven't been meditating. I should probably do the meta while I'm painting or some such shit.

ARE YOU IN A COMA YET????? I'll have to try harder.

xoxo

No comments: