Sunday, February 28, 2010

all's right in the universe

They showed "White Wedding" on VH1Classic this morning, so obviously that's an omen that I'm gonna have a good week. They also played that "maniac" song from Flashdance. Can I just say, that movie has a lot to answer for to women of my generation. I mean, aside from the fact that we all left the theater and immediately went home to cut the necks out of all our sweatshirts. Talk about wish-fulfillment fantasy. Even for those of us who could neither dance nor weld, it planted the idea that there was someone out there just like us who could, and was doing it in a too-cool-for-school loft that was light years more awesome than our crappy apartments. Yup, there was someone out there living a life that was so much cooler than ours. The response? Yo, put some more Kahlua in the blender, and do you wanna do some lines? I mean, it wasn't like anyone was gonna learn to dance or weld***. But you could abuse substances in a shirt with the sleeves cut out. Sigh.

I was also going to tell you the amazing true story of how I got my badge back (!) yesterday but I'm running late.

Namaste, bitches.

xoxo

***I did, however, know how to solder, which is sorta like welding for beginners, if you ask me.

No comments: