Saturday, February 27, 2010

arts n crafts appreciation

Will someone please buy me this for the next applicable gift-giving occasion? I will be your BFF. I mean it. I know the real next gift-giving occasion is Mother's Day and it's probably way inappropriate to ask one's offspring for a possibly sacrilegious, and most probably tacky, item emblazoned with profanity, but don't you people think I deserve a present for Arbor Day or something? In fact, now that I checked, I see March 12th is International Be Nice to Andrea Day. So, like, order now and you wouldn't even have to pay for expedited shipping.

Oh, Andrea, where do you find these things? Glad you asked! It's from the makers of regretsy.com, which M2 sent me a link to earlier this week. Regretsy's motto is "where DIY meets WTF." Ha! M2 especially wanted me to see the entry about how there is all this bear-on-woman erotic art on etsy. The most fascinating and disturbing example of which depicts a naked woman being cuddled by a bear (who is gazing sadly off into the distance) while she gazes adoringly up at him and apparently fondles, or perhaps covers, herself with one mittened hand. And, in case the syntax of that sentence is unclear, I do mean to suggest she is wearing only one mitten. I dunno. Far be it from me to mock anyone else's little fetishes or sexual predilections, but I'd guess the pool of interested buyers for chick-nekkid-except-for-one-glove-with-bear pron might be...small. A shallow pool, one might suggest. More like a puddle. Hope the artist has a day job. Or, y'know, SSI!

Namaste, bitches.

xoxo

2 comments:

crispix67 said...

There are certain things I wish Id never looked up on the Interwebs. The bear and nekkid woman picture would be one of them. Yikes. You can contact the artist "to learn about the symbolism behind the painting" if you want. I dont. Gonna go bleach my eyes and figure out how not to be curious. lol

I do love the "Namaste,Bitches" though ;-)

malevolent andrea said...

I'm pretty sure a person who would paint that particular piece of, um, "art" is not someone I would want to exchange email with. But finding out what the symbolism of the one mitten is? Tempting...

hahaha